Thursday, March 25, 2010

Now We Are Getting Somewhere...

So, there are positives and negatives associated with posting a drawing every morning. One of the biggest draw-backs is the fact that you make a bunch of bad drawings public. For example... over the last few days I have been feeling out a robot design for a possible upcoming project. Those first attempts? Not so good. In fact. looking back... they burn my eyes. However, I do concede that they are an important part of the process. 

Today... I feel like I am getting somewhere. I have whittled away a lot of the icky, and refined some of the shapes. We are getting close, and that makes me happy.

Thanks for hanging in.

2 comments:

Brian Murphy said...

We are our own harshest critics. Thank you for sharing your artwork with us, "mistakes" and all. It's inspiring!

foolsfitness said...

I think your constant posts are a wonderful lesson in persiverance. You work hard... but beyond that, you work over and over. That is one of the characteristics that seperates the great from the mundane.

Look at any practical example, an olymic skater or the wright brothers... they are/were there day after day.

I'm not just trying to flatter you when I say that I follow your blog because you are an inspiration in that persiverance.

Moreover, I love to see the design process that you work with and through. How things evolve.

Be proud of the consistantly clocked hours of day after day you have in your wonderful art.

"foolsfitness"- Alan at

portaltoart.blogspot.com